Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Snow is Melting - Spring is Coming!

I've committed another DeStashing! 

Full of fun colors and cute detailing this little tote with wallet is here just in time for spring!  I found this group of fat quarters at an unclaimed freight store a few months ago. There were (from what I can remember) about $5 for a bundle of six! It's pretty difficult for me to pass up such an awesome deal like that so I got two bunches. This is the little project that these fun colors were waiting for.

The adorable tote with matching wallet were made from two fat quarters of  coordinating fabric. There is enough left to make another wallet, or as The Tool suggested, a coin purse. I'm just gonna show off the cute finished project. Maybe I'll make a tutorial with the next one I make.





An attempt at an *artsy* photo shoot.



Wallet ready for it's close up:



After I took the photo and loaded I realized I should have put something in the wallet. Silly ME!





Total Cost:  Maybe about $3.00  - two fat quarters at 83cents a piece.
and some fusible interfacing. 
Not too Shabby!

Time Cost: Took about 2 hours. But was also watching a movie and folding laundry.
Multi-tasking at it's best.


And Even though it's Wednesday:

Tip Junkie handmade projects

4 comments: